- WHO Coalition
- IFFS Events
- International Symposia
- 2019 World Congress - Shanghai
|2019 World Congress - Travel and Visa|
TRAVEL AND VISA INFORMATION
Shanghai, on China's central coast, is the country's largest city and a global financial hub. Its heart is the Bund, a famed waterfront promenade lined with colonial-era buildings. Across the Huangpu River rises the Pudong District's futuristic skyline, including the 632m Shanghai Tower and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, with distrinctive pink spheres. Sprawling Yu Garden has traditional pavilions, towers, and ponds.
Nanjing Road is the city's longtime shopping thoroughfare, with a range of stores that are brightly lit at night. Nanjing Road leads to expansive People's Square where the Shanghai Museum displays carved jade, calligraphy, and other traditional Chinese art. Nearby is Longhua Temple, a large complex known for its ornate Song Dynasty Pagoda. The French Concession, home of the city's French population from 1849 to 1943, offers tree-lined streets, art deco building and boutiques, cafes and bars. Shanghai's native cuisine features specialties such as xiaolongbao (steamed dumplings), hairy crabs, and drunken chicken.
A variety of hotels ranging from 5 star deluxe to economy category will be available for World Congress participants. Assistance with reservations will be provided by the official appointed agency for the Congress, YIWO Business Consulting (Shanghai) Co Ltd. Information on housing procedures and policies will be available soon.
A China travel visa and a valid passport are required documents for entering into the mainland.
Attendees of the 2019 IFFS World Congress will need to follow the steps listed below for obtaining their visa, prior to travel.
All attendees are strongly encouraged to apply for their visa several months in advance of the 2019 World Congress, taking into consideration the document processing time of the Chinese Consular Office in the attendee’s country of origin.
Steps for Obtaining a Visa
1. Register for the 2019 IFFS World Congress.
Upon completion of registration, the IFFS will issue a signed letter of invitation, by email, to the attendee. Do not forget to include your email address in the registration. Letters will be issued within one week of registration.
2. Book hotel reservations through the IFFS 2019 World Congress website
3. Attendee must visit the website of (or call) the Chinese Embassy or Consular Office in their country of origin. These offices are usually found in major cities or country capitols. Attendee will receive directions for their visa application from this office. Following the instructions, as provided by the Chinese Embassy or Consular Office, the attendee may use their IFFS 2019 World Congress Registration, Letter of Invitation and hotel reservation confirmation as part of the documentation required for their visa application.
4. Depending on country of origin, the attendee may be required to get vaccinations.
5. Depending on their country of origin, the attendee may be required to visit the Chinese Embassy or Consular Office in person or they may be permitted to designate/hire a proxy.
If you arrive without a valid travel visa, you may not be allowed to enter, may be fined and will be immediately deported at your own expense. In fact, without a proper visa, the airline will most likely not allow you to board.
In some countries, travel document expediters are professionally qualified to obtain visas quickly and efficiently. Expediting services are usually located in major cities where embassies and consulates are found.
It is the responsibility of the attendee to apply and obtain a visa and valid passport, at their own expense, for entry into China.