How to apply to become an IFFS Member Society
Societies with a stated interest in the clinical and research aspects of reproduction and fertility may
apply for membership in the IFFS by providing the following documents:
- Official letter requesting membership
- IFFS Membership Application
- Copy of the society’s governing Constitution and/or By-Laws
- List of society members
IFFS Membership Application Form | Apply for IFFS Membership Online
Description of Membership from the IFFS Constitution
The membership of the Federation shall include those societies who have stated an interest in the clinical and research aspects of reproduction and fertility. They must have a constitution which conforms with the objectives as specified in Article 2 of this Constitution. Furthermore, they must have a minimum of 40 members.
An "associated" society is a society or a federation of the IFFS member societies which pursues the same or similar goals as the IFFS and has a written constitution consistent with the mission of the IFFS
An association can be proposed by the Board of Directors, and ratified by the General Assembly, if the associated society sends in writing to the Secretary General of the Federation an application which includes a copy of its constitution showing that it satisfies the same requirements as for a member society.
An association with the IFFS may include a series of relations, notably:
- exchange lectures and sessions during congresses
- links on the Internet
- collaborative works on ethics, consensus clinical standards which are to be defined at the time of the association and can be revised whenever needed by both Board of Directors
The associated society pays no dues to the IFFS and does not take part in voting but is invited to the IFFS General Assemblies as observer. Moreover the Associated Society has a consultatory status on important matters such as congress dates and venues or other issues.
A non-member society may join the Federation, provided it :
- Sends in writing to the Secretary General of the Federation, an application which includes a copy of its constitution showing that it satisfies the requirements set out in Article 4,and a current membership list.
- Declares its intention to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of the Federation.
- Undertakes to make financial contributions in such form and within the time limits as may be decided by the General Assembly.
The Board of Directors of the Federation will discuss the application and vote on conferring membership to the applicant. A report of new members will be presented to the General Assembly.